He Jiong（贺炯）: The Protection of the Communication Right Concerning Internet Service Provider’s Infringement Under Chinese Copyright Law
|出处/来源：||Wells-Hein China Law & Society Library||文献语种：||英文|
Summary Communication right is a form of copyright to regulate the communication of works, performances, and phonograms on an interactive on-demand basis by wire or wireless means. China has introduced its 2006 Network Regulations to protect communication right from the Internet Service Provider (ISP)’s infringement, with regard to ISP’s each functional role as content provider and non-content provider of access provider, host provider, and information location tool provider. This thesis will examine whether the Chinese protection of the communication right concerning ISP’s infringement is adequate to permit effective action against any infringement of the right, according to the WIPO Internet Treaties-standard. The method employed in this book is to analyse the protection of the communication right with respect to five closely interrelated key issues that require elucidation in sequence, which are the framework of the right, the reproduction during the communication, the technical protection, the rules of limitations and exceptions, and the enforcement of the right. During each analysis, the relevant provisions of both the WIPO Internet Treaties and Chinese Copyright Law will be analysed. Afterwards, a comparison between the relevant provisions will be made to examine whether the Chinese protection satisfies the minimum standard of the WIPO Internet Treaties. As the WIPO Internet Treaties do not define the extent of the concrete protection at a national level, a further analysis, which is based upon the study of the Chinese legal practice, will be made to examine whether the Chinese protection is adequate to permit effective action against ISP’s act of infringement of the right. After the analysis and comparison, this thesis will assert that the protection of the communication right concerning ISP’s infringement under Chinese Copyright Law still remains inadequate, due to the legislative disadvantages within the three-level copyright system. This thesis will identify those disadvantages, with respect to ISP’s different functional roles, and make a concrete proposal for legislative reform.
- 价格： ￥58.00
|文章标题||He Jiong（贺炯）: The Protection of the Communication Right Concerning Internet Service Provider’s Infringement Under Chinese Copyright Law|
- ·He Jiong（贺炯）: The Protection of the Communication Right Concerning Internet Service Provider’s Infringement Under Chinese Copyright Law
- ·Copyright-related Rights in Sports
- ·Highlights of the Draft Amendment to China’s Anti-Unfair Competition Law: Abuse of a Comparatively Advantageous Position
- ·Companies Engaged in Different Business Could be Competitors under the Anti-Unfair Competition Law
- ·Joint ventures under Hong Kong’s competition law: Compliance tips
- ·Fair Competition Review – key step in competition policy
- ·Are we now in an era of ¥ 1 million fines for personal information violations?
- ·The Cyber Security Law is coming! Five things enterprises should know
- ·Decoding the New Rules for Online Food Trading