How should Chinese banks effectively manage, enforce and restructure their non-performing loans?
|作者/编者：||Feng Ma, Andrew Deszcz, David Lam, Molly Su and Andrew Fei||作者单位：||金杜律师事务所|
As the Chinese economy enters the “new normal”, the Chinese government has been adjusting its industrial and credit-related policies and strengthening regulation of Chinese financial institutions. A large number of non-performing loans (NPLs) as well as actual loan defaults have started to surface. The risks associated with rising levels of NPLs require Chinese banks to enhance their ex ante and ex post credit risk management practices. They also need to strategically and effectively navigate complex domestic and cross-border loan recovery, debt restructuring and insolvency processes.Careful planning and effective decision-making is required for banks to manage their NPLs and strategically engage in debt restructuring and insolvency processes. While insufficient cash flow is the main cause of a borrower’s inability to repay its debts, certain other events may also adversely affect the borrower’s overall business and financial condition.
|文章标题||How should Chinese banks effectively manage, enforce and restructure their non-performing loans?|
- ·How should Chinese banks effectively manage
- ·Consultation Paper Issued to Regulate the Commercial Banks’ Online Lending Business
- ·China is Re-shaping its Auto Industry
- ·Belt and Road projects-Actions to success
- ·Highlights in New MIIT Rule on Auto Admission
- ·Mutual Fund Investment Consulting Business Comes
- ·The Status Quo and Prospect of Foreign Access to Auto and Consumer Finance Companies
- ·A practial guide to Chinese investor protections along the Belt and Road
- ·Further Opening-up for Foreign-Invested Banks
- ·China’s NDRC Issued New Outbound Investment Rules
- ·New Era for Infant Formula in China
- ·A Case Study of VON DUTCH (Ⅱ)
- ·1st Civil Case Recognizing Well-known Trademark on Similar Goods
- ·The 1st Year Implementation of the Cybersecurity Law
- ·China is Taking Solid Steps to Open its Banking Sector
- ·Virtual banking in Hong Kong and China
- ·Foreign Investment in China’s Self-Driving Car Sector
- ·Who is responsible for a takeout carrier’s traffic accident?
- ·Chinese Parent Company Guarantees—Is Your Payment Guaranteed?